Yep, in between math and spelling, regular old LIFE is going on around us.
Yesterday our household experienced a hard working daddy leaving WELL before the rest of the house awoke, 2 beads stuck in one child's nostrils (and the yuck that comes with that), a dear friend asking for big prayer for a child, a MeeMaw (thanks again, Mom) babysitting while the mama attempted to get her teeth cleaned, then poor dirty-toothed mama proceeding then to get lost somewhere in between Smallville, and Countryville, TX and therefore MISSING her dentist appointment, ice cream being served to soothe the mama who was sad about missing her dentist appointment (don't judge), 3 meals, 2 snacks, 7 dirty diapers (one baby has tummy troubles), 8 bath/showers, one tarantula captured, and Bible Study at a friends home....and the list could go on.
The point is...I think I need to get used to interruptions and the fact that life is not stopping for us to do school. It is so hard! Those of you who know me well may be shocked to learn that I, too, (even in my insanely disorganized state) have an agenda. AND I REALLY LIKE TO GET THROUGH THE AGENDA. When the boxes are checked, I feel pretty darn proud of myself!
But in all the craziness of today (and I am sure that my craziness looks just like your craziness....) I am trying to remember, that my God, my God of ORDER is also the GOD of interruptions! These interruptions to my "agenda" may have EVERYTHING to do with His agenda! Lord, please keep reminding me that NOT the "checking the boxes" may be more YOU and less me!
As for an everyday update on our homeschooling? The short answer is....it's changed my life. Here's a couple of images from this week I wanted share.
This is how we start our morning....with a little dancin'...
And here is our latest project....Joseph's coat! The OA's (older Adkins) loved the painting! And I am pretty sure that these coats might give the original a run for its money....
Ohmygoodness! Look at how grown up and sassy L looks dancing!
ReplyDeleteAnd the coats of many colors look so fun!
If it makes you feel any better, James and I had to miss our last dental cleanings because we were in the hospital having a baby, haha. Who knew she'd really, actually, come early? They called us and James had to apologize and reschedule.
My kids are dying for me to home school them after watching all the dancing and the cool projects!
ReplyDeleteI love your comment about God's interruptions. Last year in BSF something that stood out was said by a friend. She said she realized that interruptions are almost always a way to form/amend/continue/etc relationships. Ever since she said that I've really tried hard to not see the interruptions as bad things messing up my schedule but as opportunities for relationships. It doesn't work every day nor for each interruption but it's getting better.